For more information please click here
- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offers high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, engineering or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time and will typically begin in late November 2017 or early December and can be from 8 to 12 weeks in length.
Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.
Projects: There are 45 projects available, for details please see the project list
Location: various (please refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1462.77 per fortnight
Pre-Requisites/Eligibility: To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university;
- have completed three years of a full-time undergraduate course (exceptional second year
- students will also be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
- Intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.
Applications close on: Monday 7 August 2017