- Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for your next challenge?
- Contribute to the prestigious research and development of an analytics program
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
At Data61 we bring together exceptional people from research and industry to create an ICT research Centre of Excellence in Australia. The Advanced Data Analytics in Transport (ADAIT) is a prestigious research and development team of Data61. The ADAIT team resides in the Analytics Program at Data61, one of the Top 5 world-leading research groups in its league.
The team has recently embarked on a Transport for NSW funded innovation program to develop a transport data analytics platform (referred to as the ADAIT Platform) for urban transport management. The ADAIT Platform aims to break the fragmented data view of the urban transport system, and establish an integrate data management and analytic capability. The platform is intended to provide analytics-as-a-service to end-users and capable of leveraging distributed data storage and cloud computing facilities. Additional information on the ADAIT team can be found at www.adait.ioYou will work within the ADAIT team to contribute to research in transport data analytics and commercial project delivery by applying their expertise in engineering and software coding, and writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Sydney%2C-NSW-Senior-Software-Engineer/459351500/
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Ref No.: 56022
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary degree (e.g. computer science, physics or mathematics), and/or equivalent working experience.
- Solid engineering and software coding skills, with experience writing scalable, high performance, production uality code.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, C++ or equivalent.
- Proficiency in front end development, especially using node.js, Angular 4+, ngrx/store. Knowledge in D3 and highcharts is advantageous.
- Familiar with RESTFull API design/development using Spring Boot framework.
- Proficient or ability to learn GIS data analysis and visualization using GeoServer, GeoJson data format, postgis.
- Familiar with micro services architecture and deployment of services to the cloud using Docker.
- Experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Hadoop.
- DevOps mindset and project automation experience including Linux containers, microservices architecture, ontinuous delivery to Amazon Web Services, real-time service monitoring.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve organisational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to allocate activities, directs tasks and manage resources to meet objectives. Provide coaching and on the job training, recognise and supports staff achievements and foster open communication in the team.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
For more information please click here
- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offers high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, engineering or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time and will typically begin in late November 2017 or early December and can be from 8 to 12 weeks in length.
Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.
Projects: There are 45 projects available, for details please see the project list
Location: various (please refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1462.77 per fortnight
Pre-Requisites/Eligibility: To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university;
- have completed three years of a full-time undergraduate course (exceptional second year
- students will also be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
- Intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.
Applications close on: Monday 7 August 2017