Human Computer Interface Design
The major criteria in the experiment design are:
- Minimal disruption to the TOR operations: study will not pre-empt operators' duties;
- Minimal disruption to other TMC staff: minimise requests to other TMC staff;
- Minimal disruption to the TOR equipment: ensure minimal impact on TOR computers and network's performance;
- Viable data recording: ensure data format and volume match analysis requirements.
The following signals are suggested to reflect cognitive load:
- Mouse and keyboard usage: extensively used in the TOR;
- Speech: sensitive measure;
- Galvanic Skin Response (GSR): sensitive measure;
- Eye gaze, pupil dilation: sensitive measure, state of the art research;
- Posture: exploratory feature.